Monday, October 10, 2011

Gettin' Busy!

Phew!  What a busy week it has been!  I started my class at the Art Institute of SF, started babysitting my good friend's two-month-old daughter (soooooo precious!), and finished up a couple projects.

The first project was for the beautiful baby girl I take care of during the week, and it is an Air Force ABU diaper cover.  I used McCall's 6223 and made the newborn size, but honestly, I think this cover could fit my 1 year old!!!!  Why do baby patterns run like that???  Anyway, I guess it is good to be big so she can grow into it.  And it was a simple pattern, too.  I think it took me an hour and a half from start to finish.



Cute, right??  I already received 2 more orders 30 minutes after posting this on my business page:)

The second project that I'm working on is a set of scrubs for my niece who is starting dental assistant school.  I did the top last night and just have to whip up the pants.  I used Simplicity 4101.  This also runs big!  But in all fairness, it is a unisex pattern, so I guess that's why.  I made a Small and it could probably fit up to a women's Large since it is a wrap top.


I plan on making her a couple sets and I also have another pattern I want to try out.

Well, time to tidy up my workspace and then workout and shower before we head over to a friend's house.  Enjoy your Columbus Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment