Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Party Dress Progress!

Aaaahhhh!!!  I'm so excited about this dress, I can hardly contain myself!!!  So, my husband's work Christmas party in this Friday and I just had to take a break from my little business and make time to sew up a dress.  I know this is going to sound dramatic, but I literally agonized over the style and design!  Then I started over-thinking and was planning on Frankenstein-ing 3 patterns together to create the dress. But that didn't work out.  I'll talk more about that in a later post...

Anyway, so I wandered into JoAnn's (oh, by the way, if there is ever a time you can't find me, look in the fabric store...it might be slow-developing addiction) and Burda patterns were on sale.  BURDA, people!  This never happens.  And low and behold, I found THE perfect pattern in Burda Style 7494.  With a modification, of course:)

I fell in love with the peter pan collar and the tulip skit, but it needed a little boost of "swag," shall we say.  So I decided to take my shears and cut a large circle out of the back of my expensive silk shantung and I think it's going to be perfect.  Mind you, these pictures are just of the bodice and it still needs to be pressed.



And, yes, the lining is almost the best part:)  So I'm getting my hair cut and colored tonight and then I'm going to try to finish it afterwards!!!  I cannot wait.

5 comments:

  1. I bought this pattern on sale at Joann's, too. Yours is looking great! Can't wait to try it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This pattern is fabulous, Andrea! It is the perfect retro-styly, body-hugging dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its coming along well! I have this pattern yet to make and Im looking forward to how it goes for yourself. Such a cute dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MsHepburnsCloset, party dress pictures are up! You will love this pattern.

    ReplyDelete