Saturday, December 3, 2011

Second Business Event!

So today was my second business promotion event, but really my first craft fair.  And lemme tell you...I'm pooped.  But let's be honest here.  The reason I am so tired is because I completely underestimated how much time I needed to prepare for this fair!  I believe I signed up the beginning of November, so that gave me around 4 weeks to get ready...I know, I know, I'm nuts!  And let my lesson learned be yours as well!  Sure, at first four weeks may sound like a good amount of time, but there's something called LIFE that tends to throw curve balls along the way.  BUT!!!!!  In the end, I really had a great time today!  I got to meet a lot of people, hear some feedback about my items, and that in itself made the lack of sleep worthwhile.

I had so many plans!  I said to myself, "Self, let's do it big!  Let's make aprons!  And oven mits!  And kid's ponchos!  And girl's jumpers!  And...and...

Okay, you get the picture.  So what did I end up making, really?  I made a bunch of aprons, girl's jumpers, and some adorable little tissue covers.  And you know what?  That was pretty decent presentation in itself!  See for yourself:



And, as you can see on the right of my table, I brought a rack of all my custom pieces.  My business is primarily custom garments so I wanted to display my more intricate work as well.  This one lady came up to me and saw an asymmetrical t-shirt I made, asked me how much, and then said, "Okay, I'll take it!"  Doh!  Then I told her the clothing was for display and she could order one if she liked.  But, honestly, I don't know if I will hear from her!  I totally get the "instant gratification" thing, because I'm all about that, but that was my shirt that I had worn several times and I couldn't sell her a used shirt.  Sigh...well, here is to hoping she emails me and orders this shirt that she really went ga-ga over.

Anyway, here's to me!  Lessons learned and all:)

No comments:

Post a Comment