Sunday, December 4, 2011

Simplicity 2626

Hey everyone!  I just wanted to share with you some details on the pattern I used for the aprons I made for my craft fair.  I have so many apron patterns, so I was looking for one that was quick and easy so that I could make several of them.  I finally settled on Simplicity 2626 with a couple alterations to the pattern.  I chose View B and then modified a bit from there.
First, I knew that I wanted to line the apron.  I feel like a lining would give the apron a nice weight and feel.  Lining always makes a garment feel richer!  Then I decided to do away with most of the bias tape trim.  Each apron would use 2 packages, and I just didn't have the time to be messing with all that!  So I just used the bias tape on the neck line for the ties.  I think it came out really nice and I could make two aprons from one package of bias tape.  And since the apron was lined, the edges were finished.  Take a look!

                                       



I used 100% cotton quilting fabric from JoAnn's that I thought was just so pretty.  And I got so many compliments on the fact that the aprons were reversible.

Okay, all for now, so go and enjoy your Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment