Friday, September 14, 2012

Simplicity 1755

Well, the kids are in school, I'm finally feeling settled and now it's time to talk about my latest project.  It is one of the newest Simplicity patterns, 1775.  I fell in love with the silhouette and knew that I had to try it out.

My little one jumped in for the shot:)  I used a deep burgundy heavy cotton blend  that I actually received in one of my mystery boxes from Fabric Mart.
 I chose View A with the View B hem.  I also left out the pockets.

 I left the back collar open instead of adding button closures because I love the shape of it as is.



 This dress was all about the details for me.  I did a Hong Kong finish on all seams because I'm really into making the inside as beautiful as the outside.

This is a beautiful vintage button I found at a local fabric store...

This project took me quite some time due to the finishing on the inside seams, but I absolutely love it.  If I make it again I will shorten the bodice by an inch.  It is a little long and bunches slightly, but overall, I am quite happy with the results!

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I've been wantign to try this pattern, I love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on making the inside look as pretty as the outside. It looks great and the vintage button is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sara! I always find that I'm rushing to finish my projects and then regret the sloppy inside construction, so that is what I'm really trying to focus on.

      Delete
  3. Seriously cute! I love this pattern and your version looks great and seems to fit really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tilly! I'm really happy with how it turned out!

      Delete
  4. How hard would you say this was to make? Cause I absolutely love the pattern but I'm not too great at sewing yet. :S

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent job with your gorgeous dress! You have inspired me to purchase the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  6. After finding some sateen the other day that just screams this dress, I've been considering making this pattern, and found your lovely review. Now I'm definitely going to make it, sooner than later. Gorgeous version of this totally cute dress. Your details are exquisite. I'm not sure if my insides will look as flawless as yours, but I'll give it a try. :)
    Thanks for the inspiration!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job!!You are so clever! That is so amazing and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've just ordered this pattern and was looking around for some inspiration. Yours is the tops. Gorgeous fabric and finishing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous dress, really really impressed with the insides as well! I was a wee bit worried that the style was too young, but you've turned it into a hugely sophisticated and classy dress. Well done!

    ReplyDelete